Monday, March 7, 2011

It's been a year...

...since I first started tinkering around on this blog. I was searching out monthly quotes then, such as this excerpt from a William Wordsworth poem:
It is the first mild day of March.

Each minute sweeter than before...
There is a blessing in the air
Which seems a sense of joy to yield...

Browsing in a used book shop this weekend, I commented to my beloved that I would like to find a book of poetry in which every poem was perfect for reading to a yoga class.

 Indeed. Before I left the store, just such a slim volume had placed itself into my hand. I am so looking forward to sharing new poems with you in class over the next couple of weeks. Here is a sneak preview:

The loveliness
of a single flower
in radiant bloom
can sing
my drooping spirit
into joy.

The loveliness
of a single person
with a listening gaze
can sing
my heavy heart
back into life.

I've come across
both kinds
in my time of need

and both have brought me hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment